AFL Polska Player, UMPIRE and Coach Code of Conduct
As AFL Polska, we all have a responsibility to promote high standards of behaviour both on and off the field, within the club and in our interactions with other clubs in AFL Europe.
AFL Polska’s Values
As members of the AFL Polska, we hold these values at the centre of our culture:
Treating others as you wish to be treated. As respectful players, coaches and umpires, we will accept decisions by officials or superiors without violence on or off the field, act considerately toward clubmates, respect each others’ privacy and personal space, and attempt to resolve differences without insults or violence.
As AFL Polska, we will speak respectfully, we are the bigger people during a confrontation in a game, and we remain respectful even when provoked. We will accept victory and defeat with a standard of competitiveness and respectfulness that will make our teammates, coaches, and club proud.
We have a responsibility to ourselves, our teammates, our coaches, our umpires and our club to persevere and do the right thing. Being a responsible athlete, umpire or coach means that we’re reliable, self-disciplined, and considerate. Being a responsible player means letting your coach and team know when there is a situation that prevents you from attending training and games and bringing your best self to the field for the club. Being a responsible coach means being prepared, encouraging, and having a duty of care for your players at the forefront. As club members, we consider the consequences of actions – for ourselves, our teammates, and the club – before acting rashly and accept responsibility for actions that lead to unexpected consequences.
Being caring involves compassion, gratitude, and empathy. As a club, we can be both highly competitive and caring at the same time. Athletes and coaches who are caring are gracious in both victory and defeat; they readily acknowledge the contributions of others to their success. Caring means that we play for our team rather than just for ourselves. We promote the health and safety of everyone involved in sport.
Honesty involves being truthful and forthright and acting with integrity and loyalty. Players, umpires and coaches show their honesty by speaking and acting consistently and by always doing the right thing. The motives and actions of honest coaches and athletes are rarely questioned because their actions are backed up by a personal sense of integrity.
Players, umpires and coaches who play fairly will always play by the rules, regardless of how doing so affects the outcome of the game. We display a sense of fairness by not taking unfair advantage by bending or circumventing the rules. Fairness can also be applied to criteria for determining awards or playing time.
- I will respect the rights, dignity and worth of all individuals within the context of my involvement in Australian Football, by refraining from any discriminatory practices including, but not limited to, discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, ethnic background, special ability/disability or sexual orientation, preference or identity.
- I will abide by and teach the AFL Laws of the Game and the Rules and Values of the AFL Polska and AFL Europe.
- I will display and foster respect for clubmates, umpires, opponents, coaches, administrators, other officials, and spectators.
- I will ensure that players in the club are involved in a positive and safe environment where skill-learning, development, and club camaraderie are priorities.
I agree to the following terms:
- I agree to abide by the AFL Polska Code of Conduct.
- I acknowledge that the AFL Polska, or a body affiliated with the AFL Polska, may take disciplinary action against me if I breach the code of conduct. I understand that AFL Polska, or a body affiliated with the AFL Polska, is required to implement a complaints-handling procedure in accordance with the principles of natural justice, in the event of an allegation against me.
- I acknowledge that disciplinary action against me may include de-registration from AFL Polska and the inability to play or train.
Note: This AFL Polska Code of Conduct is to be signed and conformed to as part of the requirements for membership in the AFL Polska and playing against another team in any capacity.
Waiver and Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of me being allowed to participate in any AFL Polska (AFL) sponsored Activities (Activity), I agree:
- I understand the nature of AFL Activities and acknowledge my experience and capabilities and believe I am qualified to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that I am aware that the Activity will be conducted in facilities open to the public during the Activity. I further agree and warrant that if, at any time, I believe conditions to be unsafe, I will immediately discontinue further participation in the Activity.
- Acknowledging Australian Rules is a full contact sport, I understand there is risk of Injury not limited to broken bones and torn muscles. More serious bodily injury is possible. I fully accept and assume all such risks and responsibilities. I will not hold the AFL, their associated sponsors or AFL Europe responsible.
- I acknowledge that to participate in any AFL Activities I must have a national health insurance policy or private valid for coverage in Poland, AND BY EXECUTING THIS AGREEMENT, WARRANT THAT I HAVE SUCH A VALID HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY.
- I state that I have not experienced any of the symptoms associated with the Covid-19 Corona Virus in the past 7 days before, and if so have taken an Antigen test before attending any practice or event. If I live, or knowingly encountered someone that has experienced symptoms I need to be considered fully vaccinated to attend a practice or an event within 7 days of the encounter.